Mazars latest IFRS Insight addresses the accounting for financial instruments under IFRS. It draws on several relevant IFRS standards to tackle, in one handbook, the entire range of challenges related to financial instruments among which: recognition and derecognition, classification and measurement, impairment for credit risk, derivatives and hedging, and related disclosures. It includes all the new requirements introduced by IFRS 9 and the related amendments to other standards such as IFRS 7.
The Mazars Insight series on IFRS aim at helping preparers, users and auditors of financial statements develop their theoretical and practical understanding of IFRSs. Our objective is to provide our readers, whether beginners or experts, with useful tools which provide clarity and insight on the challenging issues that may be encountered when applying IFRSs. Concepts are explained in a pedagogical way and illustrated by numerous practical examples.
This IFRS Insight addresses the accounting for financial instruments under IFRS. After a two-pager providing an overview of IFRS requirements for financial instruments in 10 key points, each chapter starts with a detailed table of content to direct readers straight to the topic they are searching for. Many cross references have been inserted for improved reading experience. We draw specific attention to chapter 2 which comprises the definitions and the list of abbreviations and acronyms used in this manual.
This insight is in English and a French version will be available soon. Please note that chapters 3, 5, 10, 11, 12 and 15 will also be added at a later stage.
To download the full document, click here:
To download a specific chapter, choose from the list below:
- Chapter 1 : Scope of standards applicable to financial instruments (.pdf - 663,17 kB)
- Chapter 2 : Definitions and abbreviations used (.pdf - 628,16 kB)
- Chapter 4 : Amortised Cost (.pdf - 654,06 kB)
- Chapter 6 : Recognition and initial measurement (.pdf - 648,56 kB)
- Chapter 7 : Classification of financial assets (.pdf - 760,73 kB)
- Chapter 8 : Classification of financial liabilities (.pdf - 631,44 kB)
- Chapter 9 : Subsequent Measurement of financial instruments (including impairment) (.pdf - 949,40 kB)
- Chapter 13 : Derivatives and embedded derivatives (.pdf - 837,69 kB)
- Chapter 14 : Hedge accounting under IFRS 9 (.pdf - 872,81 kB)
- Chapter 16 : Disclosures about financial instruments (.pdf - 936,96 kB)