Just how actively are you managing your fraud risk? Most people think fraud is something that only happens to other people – until it actually happens to them…
At Mazars, our internationally coordinated forensic and investigation service, which spans 55 countries provides you with both global and local knowledge and experience.
In South Africa, the professional staff of the Mazars Forensic Services team has extensive experience and a proven track record in working with clients from all sectors on issues of fraud, corruption, negligence, poor corporate governance and control environments.
Not only can we work with you to put in place preventative controls and measures designed to make you less vulnerable to fraud; we can also guide you every step of the way through the complexities of forensic investigations, provide you with litigation support and dispute resolution services. We have extensive experience in the areas of disciplinary tribunals and in criminal and civil litigation flowing from forensic investigations.
Using a multi-disciplinary approach, we draw on accounting, auditing, investigative, IT, labour relations, legal and other expertise from both inside Mazars and from relevant industry experts.
Every request from a client is unique but based on our wide experience; we pride ourselves on providing tailor-made and cost-effective forensic solutions for clients in both the private and public sectors.
Mazars Forensic Services offers a range of proactive and reactiveforensic services which includes the following:
- Business intelligence
- individual (e.g. pre-screening of employees)
- business (e.g. profiling and vendor due diligence)
- Forensic investigations into alleged fraud, corruption and theft, for the purposes of
- disciplinary proceedings
- criminal and/or civil litigation
- Fraud awareness training
- General fraud and anti-corruption consulting
- Fraud prevention programmes
- organisational fraud and anti-corruption awareness surveys
- development of fraud and anti-corruption policies and codes of conduct
- Mazars Ethics Hotline Reporting Services
- Data analysis
- Assessment, monitoring and review of fraud and anti-corruption policies and programmes
- Dispute resolution
- Litigation support (including)
- preparation of claims (insurance, breach of contract and
- business interruption claims)
- asset tracing
- presentation of expert testimony
Mazars Forensic Services has developed a reputation in the marketplace for delivering results by identifying and reducing the prevalence of fraud and corruption across various private and public sector clients with whom we have worked. Our personal approach to every job, irrespective of size or sector, coupled with a meticulous attention to detail has earned us preferred supplier status for many clients.
Some of the sectors in which we have worked (but not limited to):
- Local and regional government
- Parastatals and State Owned Enterprises (SOE)
- Public interest entities (listed companies)
- Transport and logistics
- Travel, tourism and hospitality
Mazars Forensic Services will work with you to identify areas of risk and concern through engagement with you and your staff. We will ascertain the level of understanding of fraud or corruption and raise awareness of the initiatives with the long term aim of reducing the risk related to fraud, corruption or any form of white collar crime. Not only can we work with you to put in place preventative controls and measures designed to make you less vulnerable to fraud; we can also guide you every step of the way through the complexities of forensic investigations, provide you with litigation support and dispute resolution services. We have extensive experience in the areas of disciplinary tribunals and in criminal and civil litigation flowing from forensic investigations.