Remco Schoonderwoerd Extern excl. OTL
Personal quote / vision
The contact with people, working with numbers, the diversity and the need to structure, come together in this profession. This makes every day a challenging and inspiring one with the objective of delivering high quality work and maximizing client satisfaction. As a result, I have been active in this field for more than 25 years, with the last few years primarily as an advisor to family businesses, DGAs and families as well as high net worth individuals.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Business transfers.
- Process improvement.
- Strategy formation.
- Optimizing relationship between company and entrepreneur.
- Governance issues.
- Business succession.
- In addition, I am an Optimize partner. Optimize is a unique approach through which we navigate entrepreneurs through the challenges they face, allowing the entrepreneur to maximize their focus on business operations and immediate entrepreneurial success.
Specific client experience
- Family Businesses: As a Family Business market leader, I have extensive experience working for family businesses in a variety of industries, for example, Transportation & Logistics and wholesale. The characteristic when working for family businesses is that in addition to focusing on the business (the business aspects), attention must also be paid to the vision, emotions and relationships within the family. Together with the accountants, tax specialists, other advisors and lawyers, I strive to identify the risks, propose and implement solutions to ensure the continuity of the family business and harmony within the family. Check our website for more information on Family Businesses.
- Transport & Logistics: I also have extensive specific experience with companies in the Transport & Logistics sector, such as road transport, forwarding agents, shipbrokers, shipping and shipbuilding, storage and transshipment, and customs services. In the Transport & Logistics sector, a broad view, adaptability and flexibility are essential to survive and respond to continuous change. I alert our clients and relations to relevant developments and risks and help them think about how to respond to these. By combining my knowledge and creativity into workable solutions, pleasurable positions and completed projects, I go the extra mile for the client. Check out our website for more information about Transport & Logistics.
Education and work experience
- 1996 | joined Mazars after 3 years of work experience at other accounting firms.
- 1999 | registered in the accountants register following successfully completed training (NIVRA accountancy, Nijenrode Information Management).
- 2007 | Nijenrode Business University - Master class Management of Professional Services.
- In addition to my broad experience with entrepreneurial ventures, I also have an affinity for sports, events and charities. I am or have been involved in various roles with sports organizations, sporting events and charity organizations. Currently I am director of three charity foundations and chairman of the Supervisory Board of Rotterdam Topsport.
- I like to share my knowledge and experience with colleagues and entrepreneurs. That is why I also perform as a speaker at internal and external meetings. Are you looking for a speaker on the issues of entrepreneurs, family businesses or the Transport & Logistics sector? Please contact Mazars University at +31 (0)88 277 12 34 or email@example.com.